QUE ONDA?

What's Happening?

Thursday, July 23, 2009

MY BIRTHDAY

It just so happened that my birthday fell on the Monday after 4th of July and Yin had the day off...Yay! We came home early from the cabin and spent the day doing whatever I wanted to do. I chose to go to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay because I'd never been there and I thought the kids would enjoy it. It wasn't at all what I expected but it was fun. We then headed over to the Burger Bar at The Hotel and concocted ourselves some yummy hamburgers with sweet potato french fries and zucchini fries...Yum! Ava was excited to get a 'crabby patty' hamburger for her kids meal.
As we were headed home, Yin called the AT&T store by our house to ask them if they carried the i-Phone. They said that we had to go to the Apple store. So we turned around and headed back to the strip to the Fashion Show. We loaded the kids in the stroller, got into the mall just to find out that the store was closed for renovation! Urgh! Not all was lost, though. We did stop by the Clarks store and bought me some cute wedges! Anyway, so then we headed to Town Square and Ava saw the little water park and playground there. She's been there before but I don't think they had the water feature there. I told Ava that if she was really good in the store we could go over and play in the park. The Apple store was really busy and it took a while to get everything set up (probably because the salesperson wanted to tell us her whole life story!). So we walk over to the park and it's CLOSED! Oh, my poor Ava. She took it well though. We told her we would come back the next week and bring her bathing suit so she could play in the water, and we did.

It was a fun birthday. The kids were troopers being dragged around the strip and shopping all day. We didn't get home until 10:30 so they slept really well that night! Thank to my Yin for spoiling me!



2 comments:

Steph said...

Man, talk about some updates. Love it! So glad you had a fun birthday. I also wasnt that impressed with the shark reef but it was fun. Love the pictures of the kids. Always so cute. Love ya

Chandra said...

Lucky!! It was a mere miracle that Yin had the day off- it happened just for you!!