QUE ONDA?

What's Happening?

Thursday, April 23, 2009

YIN'S 30th BIRTHDAY

THE BIG THREE-OH!!

As you can tell, Yin was not too excited about being 30 years old!! But it is about time he caught up with me. I'm 9 months older than he is so he always makes fun of me when my birthday comes around and I'm a year older. I wanted to do something fun to celebrate but I didn't have the energy to have a big party at home with all the set up and clean up, etc. I thought it would be fun to invite family and friends to a restaurant and have a big dinner. It was a total surprise to him! We went to Dona Maria's which is a restaurant we've only been to once. We like it but since it's across town we don't go there much. The first restaurant I set it up for had us out on the patio but since it was going to be cold and rainy that night, it didn't work out. So at the last minute I had to change it. It worked out well though. The only problem was getting him there.


He had to work that day and I didn't think he'd feel like driving back across town to go to dinner. So I had my mom call and tell him we're going out to dinner and he got to pick because it's his birthday. Well, he picked Chili's. So mom had to lie and say that the Chili's out by Chandra's house closed (like the one on Nellis) and so Chandra had some buy one get one free coupons for Dona Maria's. He wasn't too excited but went along with it anyway.


When we finally got there, as we were walking up to the restaurant, I asked him to go back to the car and get something for Jaxon (I wanted to see him walk in too!) So I ran back and we all waited for him to come in. When he saw everyone, he was totally surprised and happy to see everyone. We all had dinner and cake (tres leches, his favorite) and had a great time together.

The dinner was on the Friday before his birthday so on Monday Ava and Jaxon sent a cookie bouquet to the lab for him. Unfortunately, he brought them home so I was forced to eat some!!


1 comments:

Steph said...

yeah, forced, I dont think so. Gals yin had a happy birthday. no offence, but for some reason I thought he was like two years younger than you? I guess I just need to do the math. haha love ya