QUE ONDA?

What's Happening?

Thursday, February 09, 2012

The Big Move

We will never forget our first house on Windy Point Trail.  We made so many memories there.  We actually bought it months before we got married and watched it being built from the ground up.  I remember going to the design center and picking out all the finishings.  I was soooo excited! I would make Yin drive by it all the time to see the progress on the house.  We would sneak onto the job site and check things out.  It is the home that we moved into as a newly married couple, brought Ava and Jaxon home from the hospital, and had many holiday and family get togethers.  It will always hold a special place in our hearts.  However, we had the chance to move on and we took it!

It wasn't as easy as we hoped it would be.  My mom offered for us to stay at their house while we searched for a home.  Well, ten months later, after looking at over a hundred houses and making several offers, we finally found one!

We had an offer accepted on another home in the area but things just didn't work out.  I really had my heart set on that house.  I was already decorating the place in my mind.  A couple weeks later we got the news that the deal didn't go through (which I am grateful for now) and we had to start from square one.  As we headed out on the search once again, our realtor told us the good news that a house we had looked at and offered on before had come back on the market.  We really thought that this house was out of our reach but it turns out they were going from short sale to foreclosure within days and needed to make a deal.  We jumped on it just in the nick of time as I was 8 months pregnant and ready to get settled and ready for the baby.  We signed the papers and started working (well, Yin started working) on the paint and flooring.  It was hot and miserable but with help from our family we had it done in a couple weeks and were ready to move in. Thanks everyone!

August 2009

 Taking a rest
 Ava's room
 The playroom
 Laying the wood floor
 Dad hard at work
 The kitchen
 The formal living and dining room
 The staircase
Family room

0 comments: